KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN (HQ)
Under the Target for all-round development of the child's personality, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan gives equal importance to Sports, Physical Fitness & Health Education and growth of each Student. Apart from simple exercises during morning assembly and games periods, every child is encouraged and given opportunity to participate in various Games & Sports / Yoga activities of choice through Inter House competitions. All students are divided into seven age groups to compete in Individual Sports events, while for competing in team Games, they are divided into four houses.
KVS has established National Sports Cell in KVS(HQ) and Regional Sports Cell in all Regional Offices(25 Region) to look after the Sports activities, Planning & Development of Sports Infrastructure Fitness Programme, Monitoring & Controlling of all Sports and Games activities, & Evaluation of data of all students in KVs.
For Primary children each KV organizes a separate ONE DAY MINI SPORTS Meet on 14th November "BAL DIVAS" every year under Common Minimum Programme(CMP). The NATIONAL SPORTS DAY is celebrated in all KVs on 29th August every year. All KVs also organized the Annual Sports Day once in a year.
The Physical Fitness Programme & Evaluation Card "स्वस्थ बच्चे – स्वस्थ भारत’ launched by Hon'ble Minister of MHRD, Govt. of India Shri P. Javadekar ji on 21st August 2017 at Kochi (Ernakulam Region). The Scientific and effective three stages training given to one Assistant Commissioner, Principal, TGT(PHE) of each Region and two PRTs from each KV at KVS ZIET, Chandigarh & Gwalior before implementation of this programme. The Fitness Data of 11,39,936 Students have been secured in two phases. KVS has provision to motivate the children for Sports & Games by awarding with Cash award at various level Sports achievement i.e Gold, Silver & Bronze and also recognised services of the teachers in field of Sports & Games.
To gives an opportunity and exposure to outstanding Sports persons, KVS children participated as team / Individual in most prestigious competitions/tournament in whole year.
- National School Games (NSG) organized by School Games Federation of India (SGFI).
- School Sports Promotion Foundation (SSPF) tournament at different level.
- International Subroto Cup Football tournament organised by Subroto Foundation of India.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Cup Hockey National Tournament conducted by NHTS, India.
- Khelo India School Games conducted by MYAS, Govt. of India.
- International School Foundation-World School Championship under banner of SGFI.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has been granted the status of a State/Unit by SGFI, Subroto Cup Society & NHTS.